Monday, January 25, 2010

A Couple of Days of Sun

Today and yesterday were mostly sunny, though we had a bit of rain both days. Not enough to really worry about. In fact, even though we've now had ten days in a row of rain, I have been able to walk every day and have, in fact logged 26 miles, most of it NOT in the rain. Yet, it's Sunday night (regardless of the date blogspot assigns to this post) and John's already worrying about what time we'll go to the gym tomorrow so we can go in the car. I'm equally adamant that there will be a big window of opportunity to go for a walk tomorrow. I've added a few more exercises to my workout at the gym, but I still hate every one of them. I'm obsessed with the idea that I can get less fat and more muscle. More importantly, I want to build up my bones.

Yesterday I had to go to a board meeting out in Carmichael, which meant I had to take the car out, so I decided to take it to the dealer and see why the tire light wouldn't go off. It came on when it was so cold, but every time (two different occasions) we tried to put more air in the tires, the light wouldn't go off, even though the tire gauge showed that they were properly inflated. So of course we drove it for a month and when I finally went in, they said one of the tires? all of the tires? who knows? anyway, something was at 24 pounds pressure (and they're supposed to be 30 pounds). So they probaby just put air in the tires and reset the button, but atleast now the light is off and it's one less thing to worry about. I liked this car so much when we first got it -- it's a nice bright red and the first actually new car I have had since I got out of college. But now I truly hate it and wish we'd never bought it. And we'll never be getting another one, unless of course that one gets in a wreck and kills us. I will never feel safe in it. Toyota has recalled practically every make and model except mine for accelerator problems. The problem they're admitting to is that the accelator sticks in the "on" postion and the car won't stop, while in my case, the accelerator pedal seemed to move, but there was no power and the car stopped. I HATE THEM ALL.

I'm a little low on interesting pictures -- actually I'm a little low on interesting life right now, but here are a few of the new shelves in the closet. As usual, I can't get it all in the picture. And haven't even begun to try to get the stuff back in the closet. We were going to paint the closet and do a little work on the walls where old things were -- like moulding and drywall and/or plaster, but I don't think that's going to happen or I'll never get the stuff back in there. And of course we did manage to keep the old ugly sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers