Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Another Rainy Day (Day 3 of the Rain)

Another rainy day today. It wasn't raining too much this morning, but enough for me to spend my time looking out the window, and examining tree branches to see if I thought any were going to fall out of the tree today, all of which caused me to forget thatI was supposed to go have a DEXA scan today.
Anyway, during my blissful ignorance of this responsibility, we decided to walk up to Temple Coffee which turned out to be a really good idea. First of all, it wasn't raining too hard while we walked up, and secondly, I had a really good pumpkin muffin there, which was probably only five or six hundred calories. Temple is a relatively new addition to the neighborhood, been there only about a year, if that, but is really cute and today it was very cozy and warm as well. As a bonus, by the time we finished our coffee, , it was just barely sprinkling, so I was able to get in a three-mile walk. This afternoon, though, it started raining quite a bit more. I could have spent my time usefully by finishing taking down those balls, or putting all the stuff back in my new shelves, but we decided to go see Sherlock Holmes. It was kind of okay, but much noisier than I expected. There were only 6 people in the theater. It was not your typical Sherlock Holmes story, but more special effects than I think were really required.
Maybe tomorrow I'll get a good start on repacking the closet. This is all the junk that needs to go into this closet. I'd like to paint the walls in there before I start, but everything is pretty irregular, and John wants to get the walls evened out, and frankly, he won't get around to it for another 6 months if past experience means anything.

Tomorrow it's supposed to be very windy and hard rain. I'm planning on walking over to get the DEXA if it's just raining, but I get kind of scared of tree limbs falling on me when it's windy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers