Saturday, May 29, 2010

Glassfest in Corning, and THE MUSEUM


Today we got up, had breakfast and went to the museum. I was as excited as an alligator at a swimming party. I'm sure people who saw me thought I was drunk because I was just going around looking crazy. The museum recently acquired the collection of a Chicago couple, Ben and Natalie Heineman, who had collected glass for the last 35 years or so. The pieces were wonderful. I have uploaded a bunch of pictures from the exhibit, but my pictures really don't do them justice. There was also a lovely display of glasswork by Tim Lazer and jewelry by Lynda Lazer in the gift shop.


Two of the pictures you see here are not part of the Heineman collection, but are now part of the Ives collection. Did I mention that because this week is Glassfest (totally unknown to us when we decided to come this weekend) they had a 20 percent discount on everything in the museum gift shop?
Five hours later we left the museum went downtown for dinner and came home. I'm a VERY happy camper. Tomorrow we leave Corning for Ithaca. We hope to see the museum on the Cornell campus, but we're unsure from their website whether or not they are open on Sundays. My main desire in Ithaca is to eat at Moosewood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers